The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Adamu, on Saturday said no presidential aspirant had been disqualified from contesting at the party’s presidential primary slated for Monday.
NAIJA LIVE TV reports that Adamu said this while briefing the media at the APC headquarters in Abuja this afternoon.
This newspaper had reported that out of the 23 aspirants screened in two days, the Chairman of the APC presidential screening committee, John Odigie-Oyegun, while submitting his committee’s report to Adamu on Friday, said 10 persons were disqualified.
Those not included in the list are; Rochas Okorocha, Tunde Bakare, Ben Ayade, Sani Yerima, Ken Nnamani, Ikeobasi Mokelu, Dimeji Bankole, Felix Nicholas, Robert Borrofice and Uju Ken Ohanenye.
However, in a fresh twist today, the party leadership seems to have discarded the list.
The screening report of the John Odigie-Oyegun-led committee had caused panic in the camps of the 23 aspirants.
The suspense was further heightened when the party and Oyegun kept mum on the 13 cleared aspirants.
While dousing the tension that was created following the submission of the screening report, Adamu disclosed that the 13 aspirants being touted as the successful candidates were only recommended as first-class materials.
“I want to say very clearly that no aspirant has been disqualified. It’s like sitting in an exam. Even if you pass there is grading from first-class to ordinary pass.
“So, no aspirant was disqualified. Incidentally, the president has invited all of them to a dinner today,” he said
Kindly contact us @ Naijalivetv@gmail.com
Call or Whatsapp: 07035262029, 07016666694, 08129340000