It is no longer news that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has suspended Godwin Emefiele as governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) with immediate effect.
His suspension was announced on Friday by the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) in a statement signed by the Director of Information, SGF office, Willie Bassey.
According to him, the suspension is sequel to an ongoing investigation of Emefiele’s office.
NAIJA LIVE TV reports that following his suspension from office, Emefiele was quickly taken into custody by Nigeria’s secret police, the State Security Service (SSS).
This news outlet also gathered that the DSS had assembled a team of crack interrogators to quiz Emefiele on wide ranging issues:
Here are some of the issues the investigators will quiz the former CBN governor about:
- Issues relating to loans worth billions of naira given to farmers under the Fadama scheme
- The controversial sale of Polaris Bank,
- Terrorism: Financing of the Indigenous People of Biafra
- Allegations bordering on forex fraud.
- CBN fiscal policies – including the handling of the naira redesign policy.
Many Nigerians believe that Emefiele’s time as governor was wrought with numerous misdeeds and missteps which made him a very unpopular governor.
Kindly contact us @ [email protected]
Call or Whatsapp: 07035262029, 07016666694, 08129340000