Men of the Ondo Police Command have arrested Pastor Kayode Salami, 47, for allegedly raping and killing a nursing mother Adejoke Oloje.

It was gathered that the victim was staying in the church with her baby when the incident occured.

Mother of the deceased, Mrs Deborah, said her daughter left home without any notice until she wad found dead in the church.

According to her: “I called her line to ask about her whereabouts but she didn’t pick her calls. So, one day, some people told me they saw her in Alade with her cousin, Aderonke. I collected Aderonke’s phone number from their grandmother and I called her but she said Adejoke was staying in the church, not her place.

“I called my daughter’s phone number and she picked it. I asked for the description of where she was staying and she obliged me.


“I went to the church and eventually found her. She complained about foodstuff and I promised to bring some for her the following day. I also pleaded with her to leave the place but she declined and I left.

“The next day, when I got to the church around past 5pm, I heard her child crying profusely. So, I moved close to see what happened.

“I met the door closed. So, I forced it open. To my utmost dismay, I found my daughter on the floor with her pant already removed down her legs and I shouted for help.”

She said her daughter was confirmed dead by doctors on duty at a hospital she was rushed to.

On how the Pastor was arrested, she said: “When the pastor was arrested, we noticed that his trouser was torn under and he wasn’t wearing any underwear.

“It is a painful story and a sad moment for our family. She was with an 11-month-old child before she met her untimely death. The culprit must not go unpunished.”

Pastor Salami, who denied raping or killing the victim, said he only helped to give her a place to stay.

” I gave her one room out of the two rooms in the church. I did not ask her what happened between her and her sister, Aderonke.

“There is only one door linking my room and the room given to her to stay. So, I used to pass through her room. And I always informed her whenever I was going out or coming in.

“We did vigil together in the church and the next morning, I saw her before going to work, because I am a welder. She later came to my place of work to charge her phone around 2pm and came to collect it around 4 pm.

“I make use of the room when I have programmes in the church. My family and I rented an apartment outside. I did not rape her and I can’t explain how she died.”

Ondo Police spokesman, SP Funmilayo Odunlami Omisanya, said the case has been transferred to Akure for further investigation.

To Advertise or Publish a Story on NaijaLiveTv:
Kindly contact us @
Call or Whatsapp: 07035262029, 07016666694, 08129340000